BDI – ControlPoint’s new quality assurance system for butt fusion.
The BDI (Bead Diagnostic Instrument) is a unique onsite tool that gives you a clear and quick result on the quality of your butt fusion welds without the need for destructive testing.
The BDI (bead diagnostics instrument) is the only tool to test the integrity of the majority of the bead in a non-destructive manner.
Unlike the industry recognised ‘bend back test’, the BDI tests up to 95% of the entire bead length ensuring a controlled and recorded test is carried out which can be replicated perfectly time after time. The BDI has been verified by DNV GL Technical Advisory Services.
Reasons to adopt BDI on your pipelines:
• BDI can be fully integrated into the butt fusion welding process or stand alone – it’s up to you
• It is simple to use
• Up to 95% of the bead length is tested
• Bead and split length are recorded
• Immediate test results are available after every weld
• All results are captured and documented in real time on a secure server
• Failed joint alerts can be sent to supervisors
“Our site teams have found the BDI technology to be very user-friendly and are also grateful for the opportunity to document their high working standards.”
Rhuaraidh Edwards of Fusion Marine
The BDI is now available through our trusted distribution partners.
Contact Dave Carey to find out how your pipeline can benefit from BDI.